Auto Injury Treatment With Our Arlington Chiropractor Team—Merge Yourself With Holistic Healing
Chances are you or someone you know will be involved in a car accident someday. Even if you're "just" in a small fender bender, it's a good call to connect with a chiropractor for an evaluation in case you sustain an injury. At Bowman Chiropractic Center, our Arlington chiropractor has helped men, women, and children recover from their auto accident injury without having to expose themselves to harmful drugs or invasive procedures.
Common Types of Auto Accident Injury
An auto accident injury can range from mild to severe. Unfortunately, both passengers and drivers are at risk for sustaining a problem. Common issues include:
- Whiplash: neck pain and stiffness, headaches, jaw pain, and arm numbness and tingling due to rapid flexion and extension of the neck (generally because of acceleration and deceleration of the car and bodies inside)
- Shoulder dislocation: restraint impacts can cause the humeral head in the shoulder joint to pop partially or fully out of place, leading to immediate pain, disability, and deformity (latent effects include instability and an increased risk for re-injury)
- Sciatica: severe buttock and leg pain due to compression of the sciatic nerve in the low back; this is often due to a herniated disc or bulging disc which can happen with sudden forceful movement of the spine
Symptoms of these injuries can take a while to show up if stress hormones (which can mask pain) don't return to their normal resting levels right away. So you may walk away from a car accident feeling fine but still have an auto injury!
How Our Arlington Chiropractor Provides Auto Injury Treatment
Our Arlington chiropractor Dr. Robert Wainer has plenty to offer his patients who are looking for drug-free auto injury treatment:
- Chiropractic spinal and extremity adjustments, to realign joints and improve the function of the central nervous system
- Lifestyle counseling to help you improve posture and stress management during healing
- Corrective exercises to promote tissue healing and improved blood flow
- Physical rehabilitation techniques like diathermy, cold laser therapy, moist heat therapy, and muscle stimulation to relieve pain, reduce muscle spasms, and alleviate inflammation
Your auto injury treatment will be modified depending on the stages of your recovery. Your feedback is key for optimal healing!
Did You Experience an Auto Accident Recently? Get a Full Body Assessment With Our Chiropractor in Arlington, VA
Don't play games with your health. Even if you feel "fine" after your auto accident, you still may have an underlying injury that could benefit from chiropractic care. Contact Bowman Chiropractic Center at 703-528-2726 to book an appointment with our chiropractor in Arlington, VA now.